Why outsource in Brazil?
MAY 16, 2013 BY VINÍCIUS PINHEIRO
Software development outsourcing is becoming a critical path to the success of software companies and IT departments. Cost savings, access to a pool of talented resources, the ability to scale at a faster pace and access to new competences are common drivers for these initiatives. By and large, Brazil can deliver a unique proposition to companies making a sourcing decision due to three key characteristics: improved communications, cost efficiency and in-depth technical expertise. Read more @ http://bit.ly/12zTocJ
Watch the Internationalization series at the MBA60 Portal. Click here
- Watch Robert Janssen’s Keynote Address at The Forrester Sourcing & Vendor Management Forum – Las Vegas – USA – May 25, 2012 – Now that the world is already flat and it looks more and more like “The Wacky Races”, what happens to my innovation strategy? – Click here
- Watch Robert Janssen’s Closing Remarks at the inauguration of the Federal Institute of Science and Technology’s Offsite Campus in Paulo de Frontin, Rio de Janeiro. Click here
- Watch the ACG New York BRICS Conference: On the ground, doing middle market deals in Brazil, Russia, India, and China. Click here
- Watch the Mid Size Enterprise Summit on Brasil IT last April 2012. Click here
- Wacth the Hands on Panel by the BRICS Connect Group: Venture & Strategic investing in BRICS countries: Opportunities & Challenges. Click here
Other interviews, presentations and articles – 2011
- Watch The Outsourcing Institute Road Show Panel on “Secrets to Maximizing Outsourcing Through Innovation Revealed”. Click here
- See the latest article aimed at the Brazilian IT Executives. Click here
- Watch the presentation on Brasil IT at Gartner Barcelona. Click here
- Listen to Brasil’s participation in the Nearshore Panel promoted by the Outsourcing Institute. Click here
- Watch the Brasil IT + Roundtable Live White Paper Series produced with The Outsourcing Institute
- Watch Russell Armstrong’s presentation at the BRICS Connect in New York
- See the video coverage of the Doing Business in Brazil Seminar held in the Silicon Valley
- See the video coverage of the Outsource Brazil Boot Camp
- Interviews with International Guests at Carnaval 2011 in Rio
- The Right BPO
- The Future Outlook on IT Offshore Outsourcing
- Brazil at a Crossroads
- New Report on Brazil’s advantage of the time zone proximity and an overview of it’s IT industry
- New Article: Read about PARTNERTITION: The Real Collaborative Spirit
Other interviews and articles – 2010
- Read about the view of the new horizons and the need for antecipation
- Interview with Import & Export Logistics BPO Expert
- Coverage of the SOFTWARE SEMINAR at Casa Brasil in Johannesburg, South Africa
- Coverage of BRASSCOM Global IT Forum, by Mark Kobayashi-Hillary - São Paulo & Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Interviews at NASSCOM BPO STRATEGY SUMMIT, Bangalore, India
- Check out the latest report on the top 50 emerging outsourcing cities published by cybermedia
- Watch the interview with the British Teacher that praised the Brazilian kids hunger and committment for technology – 12/03/2010
- Interview with Dr. Saurabh Srivastava, one of the 3 founders of NASSCOM – 10/02/2010
- Interview with Brazil’s richest man, Eike Batista, on CNBC - 09/02/2010
- Brazil’s Year – 06/02/2010
Other interviews and articles – 2009
- Brasil IT + The New Upcoming Global IT Power and its New Go-To-Market Identity – 08/12/2009
- Brazil is finally really taking off – and some of its’ best cities too. - 07/12/2009
- Brazil in the spotlight: “Brazil Takes Off” - 30/11/2009
- Interviews at the US Brazil BPO Summit in New York with John McCarthy, VP & Principal Analyst at Forrester and David Tapper, VP of Outsourcing at IDC - 10/11/2009
- Overview of the US Brazil BPO Summit in New York - Robert Janssen - 10/11/2009
- The Real Challenge for the Brazilian IT Services companies to become global - Robert Janssen - 10/11/2009
- Brazil IT’s next steps - Robert Janssen - 05/11/2009
- The Buzz at the Gartner Symposium ITxpo in Orlando – In the end is all about the same old - Robert Janssen - 01/11/2009
- What happens after the “financial storm”? B2C + I (Back to Core plus Innovation)argues for the need for companies to focus on their core business and how driving innovation is directly related to it.
- New Interviews with some of the top Gartner Research Analystsand their take on what are the greatest challenges that the Brazilian IT services companies have to become a top notch global player
- Check the article: “The Benefits of Brazilians” at the Talking Outsourcing blog by Mark Kobayashi-Hillary
- Just launched a new destination site for Brazil IT at the Outsourcing Institute. Check it out!
- See the latest articles that talk about Brazil’s difference:
- “The Whale Strategy”
- What is the real difference in the end ?
- Why a Brazilian Solution Provider is a good choice for a vendor in a time of economic crisis!
- Read about the interview and listen to the latest podcast with TALKING OUTSOURCING, the UK Podcast website, ran by Mark Kobayashi-Hillary. To read about the interview click here. To listen to the podcastclick here
- Check out the latest interviews with outsourcing businessmen and specialists during the HOSTED OFFSHORING EXPERTS PROGRAM, which took place in São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, the week before Carnaval. Click here to watch the interviews.
- See the new write up about the economic downturn “after putting up we really need to WALK the TALK now“
- See the article “it is time to put up or shut up“
- Don’t miss “The Global Economic Meltdown and its impact on Outsourcing” produced by Outsource Brazil in conjunction with its partners Global Equations, from USA and Avalon Global Research from India.
- Check out the final result of The North American Outsourcing Market Study - Best Positioning for the Brazilian IT Services companies, conducted in the last trimester of 2008, in the midst of the financial crisis.
- A new advisory portal has been launched aimed at providing competitive intelligence to the Brazilian IT companies focused in penetrating the North American outsourcing market, as well for the international IT companies wanting to penetrate the Brazilian marketplace. Check it out at Outsource Brazil Portal
- Check out the new discussion forum on outsourcing and offshoring at the LinkedIn community. O Brasil IT Offshoringis targeted to stimulating the discussion about on going needs and challenges the Brazilian IT community faces in order to consolidate its positioning as one of the world leaders. Go to and participate http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1250587
- Interviews at the Gartner Symposium ITxpo Orlando
Filed under: Institutional, Uncategorized | Tagged: BPO, Brazil IT, Brazilian Information Technology, Brazilian IT Vendors, Exportação de TI brasileira, ITO, offshoring, Outsourcing, Robert Janssen, Softex | 5 Comments »