Robert Janssen, a dual citizen of the United States and Brazil, began his career in the IT sector in 1986. He occupied several executive positions in American and Brazilian organizations, focused in international business development until 2001. Today, he is the managing partner for Outsource Brazil, providing advisory services for business growth and market development strategies for organizations wanting to expand business in the North and South American markets and Europe.
Areas of Expertise:
- International Business Development Strategic Planning
- Mergers & Acquisitions Advisory
- Government Relationship Development Strategic Planning;
- Corporate and Market Development Strategic Planning
- International Business and Market Development Advisor for Outsource Brazil
- Senior Business Advisor for SOFTEX– Brazilian’s Software Export and Promotion Program – Brazil IT
- Main executive of 4 of the top IT corporate events and conferences organizers;
- International Director for Fenasoft from 1990 to 1996, directly responsible for the international development and growth making it one of the world;s premier information technology events in the 90’s.
- Senior Sales Executive for Advanstar from 1997 to 1999, responsible for the development and market introdcutioin of all the new properties for internet and mobile.
- Vice-President of the IT Mídia Group;
- CEO of Mantel/Gartner, responsible for the development of the Gartner IT Corporate events in Brazil.
- Lived 23 years in the United States, 5 in Europe and 24 in Brazil;
- Since 1991 has coordinated international market development strategies for making Brazil a market and investments destination for several foreign governments:
- US Department of Commerce
- DTI – Department of Trade & Industry – UK
- Enterprise Ireland – Ireland
- ICEP – Portugal
- CETRA – Taiwan
- KIPPA / KOTRA – South Korea
- Since 1994 has given more than 300 presentations, in Brazil, United States, Canada, Europe and the Far East on the market and partnership opportunities in the Brazilian marketplace; how to penetrate specific market sub-sectors and how to address cultural diversity in the implementation of market entry strategies.
- Development, production and management of over 500 corporate events in the last 20 years;
- Graduated in International Business from San Diego State University – California, USA
- Graduated in Information Systems from Monterey Peninsula College – California, USA
- Professor of strategic planning and management for:
- International Business Development
- Strategic Planning
- Public Communication Skills